Sunday, February 22, 2015

What You Think About, You Bring About!

 I had lived thirty something years and never thought about this concept until I started to do some professional growth evolving as an entrepreneur. Wow, this is the most important sentence to live by EVERY day! If you wake up thinking your day is going to suck, and is going to be hard, guess what? It is! 

Here’s a scenario to prove it. Have you ever gotten up on the wrong side of the bed, and then things just start happening…like, you stub your toe heading down the hall way. This sets you off to become even more grumpy, and 20 minutes later, you spill your coffee down the front of you while driving. Now your furious! Then, you get stuck behind the slowest driver ever, or a school bus on the “local” route. To top it off, as you walk to your office, you drop your cell phone and the screen smashes into a million cracks.

Yup, this is the law of attraction.  The more you focus on the negative and the annoying mishaps of your day, the more you attract mishaps!  I chuckle as I write this, because this kind of thing has happened to me a lot. Now, I just blow it off. I’ll literally start to laugh after the coffee in the car spills and say, ok Megan, let’s get happy, you’re going to have an amazing day, and I’ll start to sing out loud to a song on the radio.

I try to instill this concept with my children.  My 6-year-old daughter finds reading difficult. As she does, hoola hooping, and cartwheels, jump roping and many other 6 year old tasks. So, one summer day, I got her so pumped, so excited about the fact that SHE was the determining factor of her success!! She was floored. I said, If you tell yourself you are the best hoola hooper ever, you will be. If you say you will throw a ten on hopscotch you will. If you want to jump rope 3 times consecutively, then believe it will happen and it will. Her excitement and belief was palpable. And just like that, she threw a ten, jumped rope 3 times, and hoola hooped for a good minute straight. 

Call it what you will, but by my estimation is, what she thought about, she brought about.
So, go conquer your next thing…., because you can!

1 comment:

  1. Impressive details. Nice post for the gaining of some knowledge about thinking capability. Thank you very much.

    Buy mop Online | Easy Dry | Buy Wardrobe Online

    ReplyDelete